Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Aaron's Eyes



Me with the boys and their cousin at the beach


Well, another day of good news. Aaron saw the opthamologist today and he does not have a lazy eye. Yay. He was evaluated due to his history and Matt's family history of lazy eyes. The whole process was tiring as we were there for 2 hours, but I am relieved he won't have to wear an eye patch. The opthamologist had not heard of cool cap (surprising since he is peds opthy) and was very interested to hear about it. He said Aaron doesn't need any other testing until he does the picture chart at the peds office at 3. I quickly ignored that piece of info, I don't like to look that far ahead. Speaking of eyes, I am still not sure what color Aaron's are going to be. They are sort of a greyish blue now. The shape resembles Matt, maybe the color will be hazel more like me. Or just uniquely Aaron :)



Feedings are going much better. Though he is not taking appreciably more EBM/formula, he is taking his solids a lot better. Today he actually seemed excited about his peas and cereal, more like a typical baby. And his bottles are going down more smoothly. The food allergy angle seems to have really helped, so it makes this crazy diet worthwhile. Though I really miss ice cream...not that I NEED it :)



He is starting to get around the living room like a fast inchworm. Sam was my sloth, Aaron my worm! However, he is getting better on all 4s, crawling not too far off. He already likes to crawl to Sam's stuff, which has caused some irritability in big brother. Sam wanted to know if we could send Aaron back to G-d. I guess that question was bound to happen!



Speaking of Sam, he said the cutest thing today...we were getting out of the car and he says, what can I help you carry, Mama? I love that he still calls me Mama, too.



Well, I was able to make a video, but it is really dark, so I am going to try again. I may need to ask my sister's SO for computer/camera advice :).




No comments: