Tuesday, September 23, 2008

10 Things I Know for Sure




1. You cannot plan for every contigency. As much as I might like to. I thought I could. I thought I could control my life. I was WRONG!


2. You can't predict the future. Really. At all. Since as of late, I am batting whatever a bad batting average is, (help me out Sam) I am really doing so much better at staying in the moment. This does not stop me from daydreaming about maid of honor toasts/2nd honeymoons in Jamaica/and I'll admit, the existence of a little daughter for us, but it DOES stop me from getting to much beyond today and maybe next month where Aaron is concerned.


3. When you are at your lowest,if you are lucky like me, no one can comfort you like your mother. That is what I have, and that is what I must be for Sam and Aaron.


4. I really like staying home with my kids. For now (see number 2!)


5. My 4 year old boy is a sweet, sensitive caretaker. On a rough drive home, he sang every song he knew, made every silly voice and face, to try and comfort his crying brother. Long after I had given up. I am not sure what the world does to men to squelch that instinct, but I hope I can help him keep it.


6. Girlfriends, really good girlfriends, are crucial.


7. My husband is a mensch. Even though he tortured me by buying forbidden Jewish baked goods. Too much of that and I'll have to insist on conversion.


8. The country will be better if Barack wins.


9. The doctors who resuscitated my baby, the neonatologists who put the cooling cap on him, the parents who allowed their children to be studied years ago so that this technology is now available, the nurses who watched over him... these people are my heroes.


10. Aaron is doing really well and has more wonderful surprises for us. No matter what the doctor visit tomorrow brings. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: