Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Changes


Well, Aaron's 1st year is fast coming to a close and it is time to change the title of this blog. A big thank you to my BFF Retrogirl for showing me how to change my focus, both in the blogosphere and in real life. I have struggled with the title (and the focus) a lot this year. This was certainly a year that was, in many ways, centered around Aaron---but there is definitely another center of attention in my life! Both in the blog and in real life, it has been a struggle to not lose sight of our big boy's needs in light of his brother's challenges this year. Also, as Aaron continues to grow and thrive, he is and will be so much more than his heart-wrenching entry into the world. My hope is that the difficulties of his early days will slowly fade with the glories of all his upcoming "firsts". Every inspirational story you read about kids overcoming challenges seems to bear a common theme: My parents treated me no differently. So, in that spirit, this blog is now officially about BOTH my busy, brilliant, bossy, beautiful boys.


1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! Wow- 1 year...crazy. Can't wait to see you all on Sunday.