Friday, February 27, 2009

10 Honest Things about Myself

So, a fun post I got from my dear friend---can I really be totally honest???



1. I still feel daily regret for my VBAC decision and so much guilt for not enjoying Aaron's 1st year more...I can honestly say there was not very much about the first 4 months that I found enjoyable, though I love my little boy with all my heart.



2. I don't understand people who say regarding any type of chocolate dessert--"It's just too rich for me." What!?!?!



3. I listen to right-wing talk radio. I don't know why. Some weird form of masochism.


4. I use to feel pretty confident about my appearance, but lately it just makes me shudder.

5. I have always been happy living in Michigan but lately find myself fantasizing about starting over somewhere else.

6. I took my husband's hand on the night we met at the bar, walking down the street. He said, " Oh, so you are one of those girls" I was absolutely mortified, especially since I actually really didn't hold near total strangers hands on a regular basis. Thinking about it now, I honestly can't remember the last time we held hands walking down the street...but I'd still like to!

7. I occasionally put on the TV for my kid so that I can finish a chapter. Boy, that one is hard to type!

8. I took care of a patient with food allergies and poor growth before Aaron and was very inwardly critical of her mom. I feel bad about that now.

9. I still have flashbacks of Aaron's birth on a regular basis. Especially in my bathroom.

10. I honestly can't think of another honest thing that I am willing to share with the public!

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

I'm totally with you on #5...just yesterday I thought to myself...I could create a support system elsewhere...there's email, there's phone, there's facebook (if I ever get on it). I don't think I've been warm since October...I really felt pushed over the edge with it all yesterday. So, where are we moving to? :-). Florida, New Mexico, the Caribbean?