Tuesday, March 24, 2009

1 year later...

Matt, Samuel, and I brought Aaron home from the hospital one year ago today!! We had his bris and had a small celebration with family. I remember being so relieved and excited to have him home, but with such a sense of fear, a weight that seemed suffocating. What a difference a year makes. Now, although I still have my worries ( I didn't have a personality transplant!) I feel so much lighter and more optimistic.



On that note, Aaron was evaluated today by his Early On coordinator and did great, meeting all his milestones across all parameters and exceeding some! He signed "more" for the first time while she was playing bubbles with him. He is pointing at things he wants and saying "dat" which she thought was great. He also says Mama, Dada, and repeats Bruva for brother. He also says something that sounds like Dog and Ball. He shoots baskets, it is so cute! He loves speed, I was racing him down the driveway today in the wagon and he was laughing so hard.



Sam is writing so well, he wrote a story for Aaron the other day and is constantly asking, "Mom how do you spell...?" He is so sensitive, he is very concerned with prey and predators. He can't believe that his chicken nuggets are actually made out of chicken! I didn't go into too much detail because I can't handle nascent vegetarianism on top of our myriad of food allergies.



On that note, Aaron was sick on the day of his endoscopy, so we have delayed it. He is gaining weight, albeit at the 4th percentile, so we will see how he is doing after our upcoming vacation and then proceed. He loves soy ice cream, which I think may be helping with the weight gain.



Matt and I just got back from our first weekend away without the boys since Aaron was born. We had a great time and the boys had lots of fun with their grandparents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so Awesome to see your boys growing up! When I left I didn't get to say goodbye and I really never Met Aaron. I am so happy to see all is well in the Gold-jane Househould... Tell Sam I said HI and I miss him dearly he was one of my favorites to watch. I cant believe how big he has grown.. Writing already my goodness.. And Aaron what a handsome little man so happy he is doing well... Take care and keep in touch

AJ Raker
ajraker@yahoo.com