Monday, February 16, 2009

Fathers


Well, we are taking a break from our regular programming, a celebration of the lives of my two littlest men, to celebrate the life of the er...most senior man in my life, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! BTW, these are in no particular order and in no way are meant to be exhaustive-


I am thankful for my father because...

1) He gave me life. Well, as we know, Mom's work on that one was far more extensive, but still...she couldn't have done it without him :)

2) He loved and valued my sister and I so much that we would never settle for less from any other man.

3) His arms were still a haven, after all these years, during some of the darkest hours of this last year.

4) I love that my dad chokes up so easily.

5) Few people can crack themselves up as well as he can :)

6) He works tirelessly to provide for his family.

7) He is amazing with babies and small children, and my boys adore him.

8) He is really smart...and maddeningly right.

9) He had a really close call a few years back, and although I wish he would take better care of himself, I am so glad he is doing better and has quit smoking!

10) He has always demanded the best from us AND has always believed we had it inside us to achieve anything.

11) He taught me how to drive, how to play Blackjack, helped me with my math homework, taught me how to ski, funded our horse show years, cared whether I saw R rated movies, always lends a hand (or a dollar), moved me into/out of dorms/apartments/houses, helped sweep up the Dunkin Donuts....and more....

I love you Dad, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Gold - What a nice tribute to your father!