Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Say what?

Well, Aaron had his repeat hearing test today. He had passed his test as a newborn, but because of his history, he had a 6 month follow up, which he did not pass. They thought it was likely more due to behavior. Today, we repeated that. He passed the part of the test that does not require cooperation (beyond not crying, which he couldn't do last time). That means that any hearing loss would be mild at most. The second part of the test required him to look toward tones of varying degrees of intensity. He did better, but still didn't pass. I think he was bored by the "reward" of a flashing stuffed animal they get for looking to the sound! Due to that, he will need a visit at one year old.

His eating is about the same, maybe slightly better. I think he is teething, because he has not slept more than a 3 hour stretch all week and I see 3 little nubs on top.

Funny Sam story.... he pushed me after I had the audacity to beat him at basketball tonight ( I usually let him win, but he was ripping on the girls team, and my feminist leanings kicked in!). He actually surprised me enough to knock me over and Matt really got after him. He had story hour taken away, which was very upsetting to him. However, after he calmed down, he changed his tune, saying that he needed a "break" from story anyway.Anything to end up in the right...can't imagine where that comes from :)

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

No idea where Sam gets that trait from :-). As usual, I had a great time with Aaron yesterday. I try to keep tabs on my emotional well-being when I am around kids these days - since the BFN. I can honestly say that rocking Aaron to sleep yesterday was the highlight of my day :-).