Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Running

So, Nutty Bear runs everywhere. This adorable, clumsy run. My mom and I both noticed it today...I was trying to contain him at Sam's swimming lessons and he kept running away. She had to chase him through the library. He loves to run. He has also learned the fundamentals of baseball. You say, "Batter Up" and he assumes the position. Then, we try to "pitch" the ball right to his bat so that he "hits" it. When it works and we cheer, he takes off running with a huge grin because Bruva Bear taught him to run to first. It is so cute. Anyhow, I was chasing him today to get his jammies on, and all of a sudden, I had the biggest sense of deja vu. I was remembering sitting in the developmental peds office during one of Aaron's last visits. He had just started crawling, and we were so excited, but still found it hard to believe. And up until that point, even though he seemed to be doing well, no one would make any predictions. Anyway, we said to the doctor, "So, this means he'll walk, right?" and she said, "He will walk." I said, somewhat hesitatingly, "Will he run?" and she didn't hesitate in answering "He will run." He will run. I cried so hard, right there in the office. And that memory really took my breath away today. It all seems so unreal now, that fear, but then it comes back like that and it is so fresh.

No comments: